Practical information on the University Hospital Ghent
• From the center of Ghent: the hospital can be reached via the ring road and the main roads De Pintelaan and de Zwijnaardsesteenweg.
• By R4: from the east and the west the campus is easy accessible.
• By motorway E40 and E17: motorway E40 (Oostende - Brussel) is connected with motorway E17 (Antwerpen - Kortrijk) through intersection "Zwijnaarde". There is a separate exit nr. 9 on motorway E17 "Universitair Ziekenhuis" of "UZG" (indicated in red).
By public transportation
St. Pieters trainstation is located on a walking distance of 20 to 25 minutes. Tramway 21 and 22 (stop Galglaan) en bus 65 (stop Heymanslaan) go between the station and the hospital.
From the suburbs and the city bus 5 (Heuvelpoort, Tolpoort, Van Beverenplein, Zwijnaarde Hekers) has a direct connection with the hospital (stop at the main entrance of the hospital).
There is a central parking on the campus, from which the clinical buildings K1, K2 en K12 can be reached. There are also limited parking places in the area of the buildings. The parking is paying, you have to take a ticket when entering the campus and ticket machines can be found in the parking building, ground floor of K12 and at K4 (near to the exit of the campus)
The first half hour is free; from 30 to 180 min. the tariff is 1,50€ and after 180 min. the tariff is 0,50€ per hour. The maximum price is 4€. After paying you have to leave the campus within 30 min.
Out patient clinic visitors who require a long-lasting or frequent treatment (3x/week during 1 month, 2x/per week during 2 months, 1x/week during 3 months...) can obtain a season ticket, with limited validity (1 month). Application has to be done by your treating physician (special form). With this form, the ticket can be collected at the reception of K12 or K1/K2.
On the day of treatment/consultation you have to present yourself at the reception of K12 or K1/K2 (see map campus UZ). To speed up the procedure, please present the following documents:
• data of the mutuality/health insurance(SIS-card)
• (papers of the health insurance company and/or E112 form for foreign patientsverzekeringspapieren)
• white plastic batch of the University Hospital Ghent (if you already have this batch)
• name and address of the general practitioner
• letter of your referring physician/medical specialist and other relevant information
After registration you proceed to polikliniek 0K12 IC, Plastic Surgery (see map).